8 weeks ago, I signed up for the #oneroomchallenge. I’ve always wanted to do it and it seemed like the perfect time to tackle this kitchenette, snack bar idea I had for our Billiard Room, which leads to our home theatre!
I’ve documented week by week on Instagram and on the blog. In a project as big as this one, I would usually share a few updates here and there – but wow. Seeing each step celebrated with it’s own dedicated post was super special and something I hope to continue doing. Progress SHOULD be celebrated!
- One Room Challenge: Week 1 | The Billiard Room Kitchenette Project Plan
- One Room Challenge: Week 3 | The Billiard Room Kitchenette Flooring Install
- How To Paint Kitchen Cabinets | One-Room Challenge Update!
- DIY Soda Bar with Torani Syrups! | Swig Menu At Home | One Room Challenge Update
I designed it all in my head and started ordering supplies when my whole world came crashing down.
This past April, I got a call that NO one wants. It was a hellish morning on the phone with my brothers, as we learned my dad (my hero!) was fading fast. I dropped everything and flew to Arizona on the next flight out to say my goodbyes. He passed away as I held his hand, surrounded by loved ones. It was both heart wrenching yet so peaceful. I flew back and forth making arrangements for my kids and the funeral as the One Room Challenge weeks ticked away. I was definitely thinking it was time to pull out of the challenge .
However, having lost an my little sister nearly 4 years ago (this Thursday 6/2), I knew I needed a positive distraction to manage my grief. I’d work hard when my mind and body would let me, then I hid from social media when it wouldn’t.
I am so proud of this space. Not because I installed the hardwood flooring, cabinetry, shelves and wallpaper, etc but because in my absolute darkest hour, I found something inside me that could create beauty from the ashes and a magical space for our family and friends. Thank you so much for all of the love on this project!!
Are we ready for the final One Room Challenge Reveal?!
Billiard Room Kitchenette Cabinets & appliances Sources:
Cabinet color: Behr Compass Blue
- Base Cabinets – I used (2) 30″ and a 36″
- Tall Upper Cabinet – Mine is 30″ wide x 42″ tall
- Butcherblock Countertops – Stained Dark Walnut
- Small Bridge Wall Cabinets (I used two!)
- Cabinet Pulls
- Drawer Dividers
- Blue Freezer, Fridge
- Cabinet Drawers (11″)
- Cabinet Drawers (14.5″)
- Trash Pull Out
Billiard Room Kitchenette Decor Sources:
- Flooring (linked in this post!)
- Flush Mount Light
- Bistro Table
- Bistro Chairs
- Wine Glass Rack
- Shelves are made from 1″x10″x8′ Pine Board from Home Depot. Sanded and stained Varathane Dark Walnut, sealed with Polyurethane
- Brass Rails supplies
Billiard Room Kitchenette Sources:
- Syrup Bottles
- Gold Pumps
- Custom Labels – template
- Gold Foil
- My Laser Printer
- Sticker Paper for Labels
- Clear Sticker Paper – this makes your labels waterproof – I just cut a square of the clear and put it right over top the labels. I’ve run it under water and its totally sealed!
- Popcorn Supples (Seasonings, Bowls)
- Candy Jars
- Clear Candy Bins
Billiard Room Sources:
- Plaid Rug (in lieu of wall-to-wall carpet – Our carpet is Stanton Carpet, Kings Cross, Color: INDIGO)
- Ceiling Medallion
- Chair and Ottoman
- Curtain Rod
- Wall Art (Eagle Mirror, Frame, Declaration of Independence Canvas)
- Gold Accent Table
Simply beautiful, and I love the navy everything. Enjoy it to the fullest!
So sorry for the loss of your dad.
Hazel Avery says
I’m trying to get a kitchen remodel very soon. This was so helpful, especially when trying to make decisions on the cabinet refinishing I’ll be getting. Your blue is gorgeous. Thanks so much for the inspiration!