After hosting 18 people this past week, I had so many questions about how we managed to house that many people so I thought I’d break it down and leave some hosting ideas with you!
We had 9 couples (including Craig and I) and we all slept in full to king size beds. We drew for beds so it was fair and it ended up being perfect! Everyone said they were very comfortable, thankfully!
- Craig and I slept in my bedroom, obviously. (one king bed)
- One couple slept in our guest room (one king bed)
- 2 couples slept in the Harry Potter Bedroom (two full beds)
- 3 couples slept in my 3 littles’ bedroom (3 full beds)
- 2 couples slept in the theatre (one full bed, one queen bed)
Obviously my boys were kicked out of their rooms (which they think is fun! They love having sleep overs in other rooms and are always graciously giving up their spaces!) so we had my oldest 2 sleep in the Game/Play Room and we put 2 twin mattresses in there with Beddy’s on them for Carter & Parker. We store these in the playroom closet since there are no clothes being stored in the play room.
My 3 littles slept on their foldable mattresses in my bedroom. They love sleeping on my floor but the mattresses make it far more comfortable and fun!
Even if you don’t have a guest room, you can store some guest essentials to make your guests feel right at home when they visit. I’ve shared my ideas below!
First I make a cozy bed. Whether its our formal guest room or a folding mattress, you can still make it feel cozy for your guests! I make the bed with fresh sheets, a cozy blanket and 2 pillows per guest. I place the guest basket on the bed.
Guest basket: I like to include some local Knoxville snacks and anything to make their stay more comfortable including:
- Wifi password
- Fresh Guest Towels (one per guest)
- Makeup washcloth (one per female guest)
- Toiletries set
- heating pad
- local snacks, treats or a small Tennessee themed gift
Do you host often? Any ideas or tips I should know about? Tell me in the comments!